For our final post in entrepreneur month, we are going to take a look at some of the newest and hottest holiday business ideas that have really taken off in recent years. We’re just going to rattle off a list here and won’t focus too much on the particulars, in the interest of giving you as many ideas as possible:
- Personal Shopping – Personal shopper services have grown by leaps and bounds in recent years, and offer the opportunity to charge sliding scales relative to your customer base.
- Present Wrapping – Another fantastic idea around the holidays, gift and present wrapping services require little capital to get going and have the potential to earn decent revenue.
- Catering/Cooking – If you’re talented in the kitchen, consider sharing your skills with those less fortunate. You’ll not only be improving their holidays, you’ll also earn some cash yourself at the same time.
- Event Planning – Everyone wants to have the perfect holiday party, but event planning is much harder than most people realize. If you have a talent for organization, consider marketing yourself as an event planner and helping make others dreams come true.
- Decorating – Have an eye for interior design? Almost everyone changes the look of their home for Christmas and then back again afterward, making the holidays the busiest times of year for interior designers and decorators.
- Arts and Crafts – Those who are handy and able to create ornaments, knickknacks for gifts, and other arts and crafts products will certainly find very high demand for their products around this time of year.
- Card Service – Popular? Sending out a few hundred cards can be time consuming and difficult, especially when there are so many other demands on your time. Cater to these people by offering a card service.
- Gift Baskets – Almost anyone is capable of going out and putting together gift baskets that can appeal to a variety of different types of people. Baskets for Moms, Dads, Kids, and anyone else can be created, bundled together, and then resold.
As you can see, the holidays definitely are a good time for many different sorts of businesses. One of the best things about these holiday business ideas is that most of them require very little capital, skill, or education to start up. They just take time, patience, and dedication. This means that almost anyone can go ahead and start their own new business this holiday season.
We hope some of you start yours, let us know if you do!